Hi, I'm Tarah M. C. Baldwin.
I focus my practice in the areas of estate and trust planning, estate and trust administration, guardianships, adoptions, estate litigation, breach of fiduciary duty litigation, and criminal defense (state and federal court). As a trial lawyer, I have spent thousands of hours advocating for my clients in court and have conducted numerous trials.
What can you expect from my legal representation?
You can expect consistent communication, quality preparation, and strong advocacy.
What makes me the lawyer that I am today:
I had the privilege to be an attorney for the Marion County Public Defender Agency after law school. During the Legislative Session, I am an attorney for the Indiana House of Representatives. In 2016, I hung my own shingle and created the Baldwin Legal Group, LLC that has morphed into working with my great friends and partners at Baldwin Maples & Williams, LLC. I earned my bachelors degree in Legal Communication and a Paralegal Certification from Indiana University. I hold a Doctorate of Jurisprudence and a Trial Advocacy Certification from the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where I was a Fellow for the Program on Law and State Government, Executive Production Editor for the International & Comparative Law Review, and a member of the Dean's Student Advisory Board.
- Indiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2015
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence
- Certification In Trial Advocacy Skills
- Executive Production Editor of the Indiana University International & Comparative Law Review
- Fellow for the Program on Law and State Government
- Indiana University
- Bachelor of Arts
- Certification of Paralegal Studies
Community Involvment &
- Indianapolis Women’s Chorus- Board of Directors
- Indiana State Bar Association- Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association- Member
- Kids’ Voice Mobile Law Clinic-Volunteer
Honors & Awards
- John Paul Berlon Pro Bono Award
- The Norman Lefstein Award of Excellence
- William M. Plater Civic Engagement Medallion
- Indianapolis Bar Association's Pro Bono Award
- Premier 10 (Graduate Student Award)
- Elite 50 (Graduate Student Award)
- Top 10 Female Student (Undergraduate Student Award)
- Top 100 Student (Undergraduate Student Award)
- Individualized Major of the Year (Undergraduate Student Award)