Hi, I'm Matt.
I grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where I graduated from Homestead High School in 2001. I moved to North Carolina to attend the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2011 with a B.A. in Philosophy and Political Science. After undergraduate school, I returned to Indiana that same year to attend Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis.
During law school, I volunteered much of my time with the Indiana University Student Outreach Clinic where I continue to volunteer as a supervising attorney. During my tenure as Chair of the legal clinic, in the fall of 2013, the Indiana University Student Outreach Clinic recognized me with the Governor’s Service Award. Just prior to graduation in 2014, I was individually recognized by the Indianapolis Bar Association as the Law Student of the Year Award in April of 2014. In May 2014, the McKinney School of Law awarded me with the John Paul Berlon Pro Bono Award recipient, recognizing the nearly 2000 hours of pro bono work I completed while in law school.
I graduated from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2014 and joined Hocker & Associates practicing family law and criminal defense, as well as other civil litigation matters. In 2018, I joined Tarah Baldwin and Jessica Williams to form Baldwin Maples & Williams.
At Baldwin Maples & Williams, I handle criminal defense cases with Tarah Baldwin, I handle family law cases such as divorce, paternity establishment, modifications of parenting time and child support, adoptions, and guardianships, and I handle other general civil litigation matters.
I provide free initial consultations for clients needing legal representation. To schedule a consultation with me, please call or contact us.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Specialized Driving Privileges
- Family Law -
- Civil Litigation
- Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2014
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D., 2014
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington – Wilmington, North Carolina
- B.A. in Philosophy and Political Science, 2011
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Criminal Justice Section, Treasurer
- Solo and Small Firm Conference Planning Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee, Social Events Chair
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Social Subcommittee Member
- Criminal Justice Section, Member
- Family Law Section, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Indiana University Student Outreach Clinic, Supervising Attorney